homeour historyworshipkalendarour location1928 BCPthe  a.c.u.s.a.contact uscontributeprojects














 1940 Hymn #277 Played by Clyde McLennan

Welcome to the Internet home of St. James Anglican Church!

St. James Anglican Church is located in the heart of Sandy Springs, Georgia -- a suburb of Atlanta. Established in 1967 by Bishop Frank H. Benning, St. James continues following the traditional Anglican faith in this ever increasing modern era. Our services come from the traditional 1928 Book of Common Prayer. We are here for those seeking a traditional worship experience based in the solemn beauty and dignity of the Anglican Faith. Our service music is the Grand Traditional 1940 Hymnal, Standard Harmony Edition as traditionally used with the 1928 Book of Common Prayer. Our hymns and service music is provided in glorious Pipe Organ by Organist Clyde McLennan. Some of this music can be heard on various pages of our website!

We at St. James are a diverse mix of Christians bound by common beliefs and a shared appreciation for the Christian fellowship our church provides. St. James is committed to preserving the beautiful language and solemn dignity of traditional Anglican rituals. Some of us are former Episcopalians; others are Anglicans from around the world. Even still some of our membership comes from those seeking truth and peace in spirit and unity with no particular denominational background.

St. James Anglican Church was founded in 1967 and celebrates 50 Years of Faith, in the Spring of 2017. Our church is a converted farmhouse dating back to the Pre-Civil War Era (circa 1836). Surrounded by trees in nearly three rolling green acres of beautiful park-like settings in what is now Sandy Springs; St. James provides not only the Anglican tradition, our location harkens back to a more calm and peaceful time, amidst the hustle and bustle of a busy and growing modern city.

We are a small church, with a goal of making visitors feel at home while witnessing the saving power and grace of Jesus Christ. Currently our services are held only on Sunday at 11am unless otherwise indicated. However as time progresses we expect to expand our programs.

Holy Communion is held the first and third Sunday of the month, with Morning Prayer on the second and fourth Sunday of the month.

We welcome all, including Episcopalians who long for more traditional Anglicanism which has long since faded from their current services. After all, the Episcopal service and tradition began in the Anglican faith.

St. James Anglican Church is the home Cathedral of The Anglican Episcopal Diocese, South and a proud member of the ACIC / ACUSA with oversight from The Rt. Rev. Larry W. Johnson of The Anglican Church of Virginia.